Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Beginnings

“The golden opportunity you are seeking is within yourself.” ~ Mary Engelbreit


I am not inclined to make New Year's resolutions, however, I looked at this quote on the charm hanging above my desk, a gift from my dear friend Mary, and I knew the time to start my blog is now.  


Bill & I ended our year with a celebration of our 35th anniversary, a trip to Paris.  This was SO foreign to our usual routine... I think that is why we have had so much interest in our trip.  "What did you do?"  "What was it like?"  "Do you have photos?"  We both kept journals, so I will start my blog here: the end of the year, the beginning of a new way of looking at travel and looking at life.  We are both artists (at least in spirit) and appreciate the life stories historically revealed in all kinds of art.  When I was in high school I was fascinated with France and took 4 years of French.  I painted Notre Dame cathedral from a photo in a book, & and  it hangs framed in our living room.  I have always wanted to go there.  Bill, too, was interested in France, studied French and we both have roots in France & England.  His recent fascination with sculpting marble led him to research Rodin.  Where else to see the art but in Paris!


Paris December 2010


 


No comments:

Post a Comment